Special Council Candidate - Nhuel

Greetings Horizen community

I am running for the Horizen Special Council and want to explain why

I am Emmanuel Umoh (NhuelCryp). I graduated from the university with a bachelor’s degree in marketing and have been working in the community, growth and ecosystems operations space for web3 projects, including DeFi, RWA, privacy and ZK-related initiatives. Currently, I actively support the community of Horizen and zkVerify by being a community advocate and moderator for both. All my efforts were always grounded, since I have moderated chats, written the threads and provided feedback to the teams until the initiative became relevant for the users.

What defines how I do things: sustainability over hype. Sustained ecosystems come from individuals who arrive after all the hype dies down.

I have accumulated more than five years of experience within the Horizen ecosystem, dating back to the sidechain days. During that period:

I’ve held ZEN through multiple market cycles, not just the current one

I took part in discussions related to the Base migration and voted on a majority of ZenIPs

I served as a Horizen Ambassador early on, contributing to the ecosystem’s global growth

I’m currently staking ZEN on Horizen myself, so my motivation is very concrete

Beyond Horizen, I’ve moderated and grown communities on Discord and Telegram, handled support and conflict resolution, and acted as the bridge between core teams and users across several projects, including being part of zkVerify’s Discord outreach efforts.

I’ve followed Horizen’s evolution into a Layer 3 on Base closely, and I’m genuinely invested in where the privacy execution layer direction is heading. I know why credibility is important at this point because I have seen the results for projects that lacked credibility in their governance, tokenomics staking alignment

What I want to do as a member of the council is quite straightforward, make governance and the process approachable, accessible and less elitist.

In particular, I’d bring:

Community-driven judgment. Evaluation of any decisions based on how it affects those who build and hold on this ecosystem, rather than on paper.

Review of proposals. Scrutiny of projects that pass through Horizen’s builders programs, demanding both quality and global competitiveness.

Support for emerging ecosystem projects. I’d back and help promote the communities of projects like ZenDEX and others building within Horizen, because a strong Special Council should actively champion what’s being built, not just vote on it.

I have been present for five years in this ecosystem, so my experience makes me different from someone who comes with a concept to be tested.

If you’ve seen me around, in the Discord, on the ZenIPs, in the staking discussions… you know where I stand. I’d appreciate your vote.

1 Like

I am glad that you are running again :slight_smile: