New ZenIP Idea: Technical Roadmap for the Migration of $ZEN and EON

In ZenIP 42405, the Horizen community tasked Horizen Labs with developing a strategic plan for transitioning the EON blockchain and $ZEN cryptocurrency from the current Horizen Mainchain to an advanced blockchain architecture, EON 2.0. Horizen Labs will construct this plan and put it forth in a ZenIP subject to community approval.

The primary goals of the migration roadmap are:

• Improving blockchain performance,
  • Incorporating the latest advancements in zero-knowledge proof systems,
  • And enhancing the utility of $ZEN.

In addition, there will be details about EON 2.0 including:

• The technology stack
  • The consensus mechanism
  • Incentives and distribution of unminted $ZEN
  • Staking
  • The migration strategy
  • And the execution environment and how it will integrate with zkVerify
13 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the full plan. I strongly support this ZenIP idea!

4 Likes

Looking forward to the arrival.
Will the income of SuperNodes and miners be added to the EON staking income?

2 Likes

I still wait what will happen after migration, I hope this will improve our $ZEN ecosystem especially for holder

3 Likes

The upgrade to EON 2.0 promises faster and more secure transactions, making $ZEN an even more attractive cryptocurrency, What benefits can ZEN users expect from the improved performance and security of EON 2.0 ?

3 Likes

I welcome constant improvements to the ecosystem. Would $ZEN remain PoW? It has already lost its privacy aspect, it would be an entirely different coin from when I joined.

2 Likes

No it will be PoS, you sound like a $ZEN OG… when did you join?

1 Like

Not really OG I joined a couple of years ago. But I have been in crypto for over a decade.

3 Likes

This migration to EON 2.0 will be the best with the implementation of improving the blockchain and the incentives and distribution of Zen. It seems like very good updates to me. Additionally, this will help the Eon ecosystem grow even more.

3 Likes

if it is going to be easier to transition ZEN from EON to EON2, then maybe a few months before the change we should move the supernode reward from the supernodes on mainchain to forger nodes on EON

1 Like