πŸ“’ Important message from the Special Council about recent de-listing and new ZenIP

:loudspeaker: Important message from the Special Council :loudspeaker:

In recent days, $ZEN was de-listed from a large exchange and put on notice at risk of de-listing from a separate major exchange, ostensibly because these exchanges believe that $ZEN is still a privacy coin. These moves have come despite the fact that access to the shielded pool was deprecated in 2023 with ZenIP 42204, rendering the shielded pool effectively unusable.

Given these developments, the Horizen community would like to expedite the complete removal of the shielded pool by publishing a ZenIP as soon as possible proposing a full deprecation plan and process. The Special Council held an emergency meeting today and have agreed to waive the standard 7-day community feedback window before a ZenIP is published, enabling a ZenIP on this matter to be posted immediately and put forth for a vote soon thereafter. The Special Council has determined that this is in the best interest of the Horizen community, as it will accelerate the full deprecation of the shielded pool and thereby maintain and expand access to $ZEN via centralized exchanges.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update and will be sure to engage in the discussion and AMA for the developments and changes moving forward.

I think the community mostly just needs clarifications about what the difference is with the previous changes of shielded pools removal and the new ZenIP changes (how they differ)

I think its good for an AMA session I think alot of us miss the weekly AMAs and maybe a good idea to at least have a monthly Beyond the Horizen podcast and a monthly AMA insider with Horizen team on twitter spaces?

4 Likes

I was really impressed with how quickly and decisively the SC came together on this emergency action. Very well done!

2 Likes